RN REGISTERED NURSE - IR Special Procedures ICU CCU ER
Sorry, this job has expired.
Full time, Part time
Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement plan
This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your nursing career and
enjoy one-on-one patient care in our state of the art Interventional Radiology department at an academic teaching hospital.
Do you qualify as a Registered Nurse to join our Interventional Radiology Team? You must have a minimum 2 years of RN work experience in ICU, CCU, ER, Radiology or procedural areas (GI Lab, Cath Lab, etc). Both FT and PT position available!
Your benefits begin the first day of employment. Full- and part-time employees working 40 or more hours per 2 week pay period will qualify. Our benefits include:
• Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
• Paid Personal Leave
We also offer:
• Tuition reimbursement program, which you may participate in after 6 months of employment.
• Professional recognition program that provides nurses with an avenue to receive a monetary bonus for actively participating in the practice of nursing.
• A new nurse fellowship program designed to assist the new nurse with transitioning into the role of a professional nurse. The program provides the new nurse with the tools needed to demonstrate the core competencies required for the entry-level nurse at UF Health Jacksonville.
• A critical care fellowship program for the promotion of our qualified medical-surgical nurses desiring an opportunity for career advancement into an intensive care setting.
As an organization that is committed to nursing excellence, we have embraced the use of nursing research and evidence-based practices to influence the way that we conduct our work within nursing. We demonstrate our ability to meet the standards for nursing care related to clinical competency and assessment, education, cultural diversity and collaboration by using a performance measurement and improvement process.
In our organization, nurses are the vital link between receiving average care and receiving excellent care. We are committed to hiring a nursing workforce that wants to practice autonomously yet in collaboration with the healthcare team. Nurses who want to improve their practice each day by asking the simple question of "why" are the nurses we want filling our clinical center units.
• Must have a BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing within 3 years of hire or transfer into the position, and must be enrolled in a BSN program within 12 months of hire.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in ICU, CCU, ER, Radiology or procedural areas (GI Lab, Cath Lab, etc) as a Registered Nurse.
• Current licensure as RN in Florida.
• BLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• ACLS from the American Heart Association is required.
• Must have PALS from the American Heart Association within 1 year of hire or transfer.
• Professional Certification preferred.
• Provide nursing care to scheduled inpatient, outpatient, routine, emergent, and trauma patients needing an interventional procedure using imaging equipment in a dedicated aseptic radiology environment.
• Utilize the nursing process and the standards of care of a professional nurse and functions as a team member with technologists, anesthesia providers, and proceduralist MDs.
• Perform all staff nurse activities in the pre-op, procedural and post-op phases of care.
• Administer moderate sedation.
• Function as charge nurse when assigned.
• Maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients, even though some activities/tasks may be delegated to Technical Nurses, Patient Care Associates, and/or Sitters.
• Demonstrate teamwork and communicate in a professional manner with all members of the healthcare team.
• Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply computer technologies and procedures that affect patient care delivery.
• Works four 10 hour shifts, Monday-Friday
• On-call required on rotating basis.
About the IR Department:
The Interventional Radiology (IR) Department at UF Health Jacksonville, both Downtown and North campuses, provide pre-procedural, intra-procedural and immediate post-procedural care for adult, geriatric and pediatric patients presenting to the department for interventional radiology procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic. Operating on two Jacksonville campuses, our newest facility opened in 2015. We offer state of the art operations utilizing both Siemens and GE equipment having multiple procedure rooms equipped to perform fluoroscopy, CT and 3D Imaging.
About UF Health Jacksonville:
• UF Health Jacksonville is an academic medical center affiliated with the University of Florida.
• UF Health Jacksonville was renewed as a Magnet® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), having originally received the designation in 2011.
• UF Health Jacksonville is home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. Areas include SICU, MICU, CVICU, PICU, CCU, Trauma, Emergency and Flight Services.
• UF Health Trauma Center is unique in that it is one of only a few Level 1 trauma centers in the United States with a fully operational ‘hybrid operating room’ dedicated exclusively to trauma and acute surgical emergencies.
We invite you to connect with our recruiter today to learn more about us!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.