Maintenance Mechanic / Journeyman
University of Florida Health is now hiring a Maintenance Mechanic (Level 3).
As the Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance required to maintain the physical structure and equipment in the most reliable and economical operating condition. Hospital mechanical systems knowledge and Journeyman's License is required.
Benefits begin the first day of employment.
Our benefits package includes:
• Group Insurance plans - Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability
• 401(k) retirement
• Paid Personal Leave
• Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months of employment
High school diploma or GED
• 5+ years experience in electrical, plumbing, and HVAC maintenance experience
• At least 10 years of hospital maintenance experience is preferred
Journeyman's License in one of the following: Electrical, Plumbing or HVAC
• Ability to inspect equipment and/or systems; identify conditions requiring correction or intervention; read blueprints, schematic diagrams and drawings; interpret instructions and prepare simple specifications; perform mechanical, carpentry and plumbing repairs.
• Must have knowledge of and abide by general safety procedures and regulations.
• Must have extensive knowledge of common mechanical tools and test equipment used by maintenance craft; plumbing systems, including compressed gas, potable water, drain-waste-vent systems, steam and condensate systems, electrical generation, distribution, and utilization systems and equipment; and HVAC - heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, both central and package type systems.
• Must be willing to respond to emergency calls on off-duty hours.
• Must be dependable with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Perform corrective maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to restore to proper operation.
• Perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to insure reliable economical operation.
• Maintain reports, records and documentation. Must be able to use a handheld devices.
• Conduct safety tests and inspections as required.
• Conduct daily inspections of zone assigned noting and documenting any inadequacies, deficiencies or repairs and make appropriate reports to the Department Secretary or Supervisor.
• Perform Plant Operator duties in plant operations as required. Perform as the Control Room Operator when necessary. Provide input data for Regulatory reports, records and documentation. Perform maintenance activities at off campus buildings/clinics when necessary.
• Ability to work well with all levels of staff personnel
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams and drawings
• Ability to interpret instructions and prepare simple specifications
• Monday-Friday. Flexible scheduling.
UF Health Jacksonville serves as a resource for complex healthcare for patients throughout northeast Florida and South Georgia with more than 70 specialties represented. We are a certified comprehensive stroke center and home to the area’s only Level I adult and pediatric Trauma Center. We are celebrating our progress of UF Health TraumaOne 37th Year Anniversary!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.